– Collaborate with the human resources team to find, screen, hire, and retain the right amount of people.
– Motivate staff to achieve organisational standards for output, quality, ongoing improvement, and goal achievement.
– Keep lines of communication open by holding regular department meetings, one-on-one consultations, and appropriate email.
– Create and maintain appropriate controls and feedback mechanisms to track how the department is being run.
– As required or requested, prepares regular reports for management to monitor the achievement of strategic goals.
– Keep in regular touch with the director, as well as with any individual the organisation has designated as contacts.